This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Freezes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hardware: Dell Dimension 8300
Windows XP Service Pack 3



My wife and kids computer seems to freeze for no apparent reason. In some cases I can only reboot the machine if I power cycle it. I have enclosed the Hijack log below. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

📎cjo11us_HJT.txt

Reason for edit: Remove HJT log and add as attachment - Rich
cjollus Hi and welcome to the WTT forums.

Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.

Question I need to ask do you supect that your machine may be infected, because of the hijack log you posted, if you think you may have malware problems, it may be best to have the system check out by the malware team.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Are_you_Infe…lp_t106388.html

Computer lock ups could and can be cause by many things and I would hate to start you off in the wrong direction. If you can make it through the malware side and system is not infected then we can try and see what is going on with your system.

Regards,
Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI