Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91704 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Copying my firefox settings to another laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ezpkns34

ezpkns34

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Ok, so I've got a new laptop and want to know if I can copy over all of my firefox/browser settings to it? For instance, all of add-ons, settings, browsing history? I enjoy only having to hit 1 or 2 letters in the search bar & firefox always knowing what sites I want Thanks /firstworldproblems

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Never done this personally, but hopefully the following will guide you perfectly.
Moving your Firefox bookmarks and settings

Braindead

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,781 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

You can also simply copy the profile contents to the new computer once you have setup Firefox there. The profile under Windows 7 is in:

C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Under there you will see a folder similar to: e1a3rkar.default

Open that. Click Edit then Select All, then drag to a flash drive or if your two computers are networked simply drag the selected files and folders to the Firefox profile on the new computer.

Firefox cannot be running on either machine when you do this.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.