This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Copying my firefox settings to another laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, so I've got a new laptop and want to know if I can copy over all of my firefox/browser settings to it? For instance, all of add-ons, settings, browsing history? I enjoy only having to hit 1 or 2 letters in the search bar & firefox always knowing what sites I want Thanks /firstworldproblems
You can also simply copy the profile contents to the new computer once you have setup Firefox there. The profile under Windows 7 is in:

C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Under there you will see a folder similar to: e1a3rkar.default

Open that. Click Edit then Select All, then drag to a flash drive or if your two computers are networked simply drag the selected files and folders to the Firefox profile on the new computer.

Firefox cannot be running on either machine when you do this.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI