This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Question about firefox

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I wanted to switch from IE to firefox and was curious as to if my bookmarks switch over as well or do I need to start over with them? Also after doing so I wanted to get rid of my yahoo toolbar. is it safe to do so? and while I have ya here is it ok to remove my old AOL programs and file to clear up space since it is no longer my IP provider? I know these may be dumb question but I hate to touch anything unless I know for sure the result. thank you just sara.
just sara,

I know these may be dumb question but I hate to touch anything unless I know for sure the result.

Sounds like a good philosophy to me. :thumbup: Always remember that "the only dumb question is the one not asked".

When you install Firefox, it will ask if you want to transfer the bookmarks.

Having yahoo toolbar provides no safety that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong here, someone else will stop by and point it out. :popcorn:

If you don't install the yahoo toolbar in Firefox, you won't have it. (Good choice in my opinion. ;) )

If you don't use AOL dial-up, I don't know of any reason to keep it on your computer.

Funny though…. those all seemed like really good questions to me. :P
Hi just sara

Just wanted to add a little line, since you are switching to Firefox.
I to hate the idea of loosing my bookmarks etc. So I can highly
recommend that you use this little utility program along with Firefox.

MozBackup

Another great thing along that line, is using Foxmarks, which lets you
access your bookmarks from any internet connected machine, be it
school, work, internet cafee, friends house etc. etc. This is a addon,
rather than a stand-alone utility.
Foxmarks

Good luck with Firefox, and just post if you need some tips on addons or
other things concerning Firefox. :)

Regards Abydos
Thanks guys for the replies. I installed it and I'm playing around with it to get a feel or it. I like it thanks so much just sara
also, I posted this before, but you may want to think about getting some good add-ons (in the address bar, type "add-ons" without the quotes in firefox) like WOT, Flashblock, and NoScript. (see my sig)
Hi Sara,

Just a little additive from me. I loathe and detest Yahoo toolbar, but Google toolbar is wonderful and I highly recommend it. I could not do without it. I run IE 6.0, but here it is for your new Firefox browser.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI