This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i KNEW IT. I did. I just knew it. Y'all think I'm crazy for liking Windows XP and Vista, but Windows 7 is a pain in the butt….hate the screen saver pictures, hate the noises my computer now makes…..

AND???? WHAT's this???? my File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools and Help tool bar up on top just disappeared, with a stupid window proclaiming that " this feature is not compatible with Windows 7. I have a lenovo g55 laptop. that i just restored, back to basics and new, when it restored it restored to Windows 7…… and I'm thinking that is why I couldn't find my tool bar 2 months back and hunting around for it got me into deep doo-doo trouble and since I am not currently hooked up to the web, I came here on these library computers to try to get out of the mess I was in and the only thing we could do was restore it…..but how the heck did my windows vista update itself??? I KNOW the computer came with VISTA for gosh sakes, it's over 2 years old now

What???? HUH????? Aw come on…… really????? ok, i'm done kvetching….. i'll check back in when I can get on a public computer again. I'm hoping there is some way to get around this, my tool bar is totally gone (and it's not down on the bottom tool bar where I used to be able to click and opt for different tool bars.)
Down boy, down down !!!!! :D Right click on an empty area of the IE window top border and check Menu. TA DA!!! All that stuff I hide in now back (yuck). You can get to all those function via the little gear on the top right side of the IE window, no need to waste window space showing it. But … if you like it, the above should bring it back for you.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH……… ok, when i get back to my hovel i'll try that…thanks loads Z-man, i appreciate it mucho and have a great day where ever you happen to be…right now i am homeless in Durham, NC, lol!!!!!!!!!!! thanks again sweetie. mmmwwhhaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI