This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Vista-Control Panel Disappeared

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Techies! You guys were great awhile back helping me with a spyware problem, hoping you can work the magic again! I purchased an ACER laptop Sunday (2 days ago) and have been loading new stuff to it since. It came with Vista installed. Yesterday I downloaded LiveOne Care to it (the rest of my computers are on it) and it uninstalled the Norton program it came with. Since then, I can't open control panel in Vista View. It flashes and then fades with no visible contents. I also can't add a user, so I'm working purely in administrator mode. I can get to the control panel options using the Explore function, but hey, it's a new computer and I want it to work right. Can you help me figure out how to get this up and running again? Much thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI