This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

intermittent Network virus/worm?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, is there any malware/virus/worm that block/drop packets intermittently on web browsers and ping tracert from cmd prompt? I thought I been having network problems, because all the computers on my home network will intermittently drop packets, rendering web browsing impossible. it will drop ping/tracert too. called Time Warner 5 times, got 5 tech guys come over to check, everything is solid. I am at a lost. I have 3 xp machines, 1 win 7 64bit home, 1 macbook, 4 android tablets, 2 ipads, and 3 android phones, 3 iphone, all will drop at the same time from browsing when the problem acts up. It is random, no schedule what so ever. I can get online for 5 to 10 min, and then it would drop me for 30sec to 2 min, then everything is fine again. At first I was sure it was ISP problem, but then I notice 1 strange thing just now. I was downloading a TV episode on bitcomet, and the packets started dropping, however, it did nothing to bit comet, as mater fact it picked up speed. All inputs are greatly appreciated, and thank you for your time. Sincerely, James
Found my problem, turns out to be hardware related. Motorola surfboard cable modem firewall drop/blocks packets on port 80 at random, thus making my internet intermittently. Solution, set modem to bridge mode, and used my own router.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI