[attachment removed]I have a sagem dsl modem/router that is hooked up via ethernet cable to my pc and is used to access the internet wirelessly by my daughter. I have been having problems with both connections being dropped often, but especially the wireless connections.
I attached a screen shot of the list of devices so you can see that I have multiple listings of the same modem. I also have multiple listings of the computer that accesses the modem wirelessly.
I have contacted the isp to see if they can help, since it is their modem. I am posting here to see if it is a simple problem related to settings or perhaps just a bad modem.
Thanks in advance!
Try right clicking on all the extra entries for the modem and uninstall them.
Have you tried power cycling the Sagem modem and your computers.
Power all off.
Power on the modem, wait until it stabilizes.
Power on the Ethernet connected computer, let it settle down.
Power on the laptop and let it settle.
See what that does for you.
If not help. try resetting the Modem. Not sure how you do this as it varies with brands but there is usually a small button you can push and holkd for 10 seconds or so, often near the power connection. Once you do that you will have to setup the wireless security again.
Edit: Forgot to ask, has this ever worked right or have you always had problems? If it worked at one time and none of the above help then I would get your ISP to provide a new modem.
I haven't specifically powered off everything, including the computer. I will try that. I have reset the modem. It didn't fix the problem.
It has given us problems all along. I will say that I unwittingly plugged in the plug to the old modem when we got this one, could that have damaged it? The correct one is plugged in now, though. Will see about a new one…
Thanks!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI