Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook 2007 sending blank e-mails

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Warlord1984

Warlord1984

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hi, I have recently discovered that when i send an e-mail, outlook decides to send with no body contents. If i have an attachement it is sent fine just no contents. I looked in my sent folder and the e-mails i have sent have also been blanked out. This has been very frustrating as i spent hours writing an e-mail and all that was sent was ...... BLANK...... Someone please help/!!!!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi Warlord1984 and welcome to the WTT forums, Sorry to hear of the problems with your email. There are a number of things that can cause this but the first thing to check is your anti virus product.... but first close down Outlook (if its open) and then find the settings that refer to scanning incoming and outgoing emails on your anti virus product (AVG, McAfee,Norton, etc) and firstly disable the setting for "outgoing email scanning", save the changes, and X out of your anti virus product. Restart MS Office, send yourself an email... and see if this has inproved things. Let us know how things go and the make and version of your AV and AS protections and also the make and version of any firewall you have running. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Warlord1984

Warlord1984

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hi Paws, Thank you very much for your help. This is now working fine. The AV i am running is Avast Free version and it is quiet simple to find in the settings, exactly as you said. Many thanks

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

That's good to hear Warlord1984, Well done on fixing it :thumbup: Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 bcss

bcss

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

I know this is an old thread but I'm not finding recent threads anywhere - Using ESET and MSOffice 2013. Outgoing messages are ok when replying but sending messages using a shortcut to open a saved/addressed email message deletes the body of the message. Attaching a very small .gif file causes the email to fail. 'Scan Outgoing Emails' has been turned off in ESET and the computer has been rebooted. Please help.

Edited by bcss, 02 September 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#6 Dashing star

Dashing star

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:08 PM

The OP's problem is not releated and this is quite old post, I suggest you to start a new topic here

uaodpl6033e.png