This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Monitor not responding to computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there (sorry if this isn't the right place to post something like this) My monitor stopped responding to my computer a few days ago, now I know it is not any of my components that are the problem or that it is the monitor that is the problem as I have tested them all on different systems. I've tried booting with just the CPU, heatsink, graphics card and PSU and 1 stick of RAM in a slot (I have tried each of my memory sticks in all of my RAM slots) but to no avail, I have also tried to reset the CMOS but that did not work either, and also tried to disperse the internal voltage a few times and still nothing. I'm really stumped as to what the problem could be and would love it if someone helped me. I do not have a case speaker or a speaker on the motherboard so I am unable to identify beeps. system specs: ASUS m2n-e sli mobo AMD athlon x2 3800 2GB DDR2-667 memory nvidia 8600GT 500W PSU 160GB hard drive. Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.
From what you submit, each of the problem machine's components functions correctly, because you have independently swapped each component into comparable machines and found that they function properly. That would also include that the monitor functions properly when connected to another machine. But does that include trying another monitor on the problem machine and finding that it and the machine functioned properly together? ____________________ What therefore remains is connectors, cables, slots, and mains power source. Too trivial, but still necessary to check, is the question: Do you actually have the monitor plugged into a competent live power source? Does the LED power light appear on the Monitor controls?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI