Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Monitor Problem Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for your replies. I don't use my mobile near the PC, but the loose connection thing is something I am looking into, the tech who installed the board wasn't the kind of guy who instilled confidence. I checked out the ASUS site, thanks for the link. My board is an A7A266, but I couldn's see this listed on their site, I did take a look at a few message boards with reviews and the general consensus seems to be that it's not a good board. Could this be the problem, would a bad board or bad BIOS cause the kind of popping, wobble affect I an experiencing? On the point of power supply, a friend suggested getting a power unit with more wattage as the board and CPU have been upgraded, plus a second hard drive added. The monitor runs off its own power supply. The mains supply to the house could be an issue, lights flicker, going to call the company to check to see if it is a clean supply, guess this could cause monitor problems? Thanks again, this site is just brilliant!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:36 PM

hi Guest- Seems as though I remember posting to your question although I cant find where I did. BIOS ..well..I would have see that to believe it and no it wont cause wobbling or poping in a monitor. The board on the other hand I suppose could possibly cause it if it were cracked maybe or the video card is not seated well and properly. I hope I am not contradicting anything I may have said previously as I cant remember exactly your original post. From what you have stated above.. if it were me... I would check the power supply. If your computer is integrated then Yes the monitor has its own and the power supply in your tower supplies high voltage to it. The power supply to check is the monitors...do you know if it requires an isolation transformer..? If it does (more then likely it does not) thats the very first thing to check.. that will cause it in heartbeat but most svga's (specially newer ones) do not require a seperate iso. When you finally narrow it down to "none of the above" the horz. and vert. synch's will be your answer. Once them go, as they do have a shelf life, you have two options. 1:) you can have it fixed by someone or do it yourself (which I do not recommend) and hope that it lasts more then a month.. 2:) buy a new one.. :( Also .. I hope it wasnt I who gave the impression that your BIOS would have anything to do with that.. even though its called BIOS (BASIC input and output).. it is misleading..in my opinion only advanced users should have access to that information and be able to change things... its not somthing to play with I guess is my point and cant see in any way it having anything to do with a monitor.. I hope that helps a little..:)

Edited by Crow, 18 November 2003 - 02:39 PM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"