This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Monitor Problem Update

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Thanks for your replies. I don't use my mobile near the PC, but the loose connection thing is something I am looking into, the tech who installed the board wasn't the kind of guy who instilled confidence. I checked out the ASUS site, thanks for the link. My board is an A7A266, but I couldn's see this listed on their site, I did take a look at a few message boards with reviews and the general consensus seems to be that it's not a good board. Could this be the problem, would a bad board or bad BIOS cause the kind of popping, wobble affect I an experiencing? On the point of power supply, a friend suggested getting a power unit with more wattage as the board and CPU have been upgraded, plus a second hard drive added. The monitor runs off its own power supply. The mains supply to the house could be an issue, lights flicker, going to call the company to check to see if it is a clean supply, guess this could cause monitor problems? Thanks again, this site is just brilliant!
hi Guest- Seems as though I remember posting to your question although I cant find where I did. BIOS ..well..I would have see that to believe it and no it wont cause wobbling or poping in a monitor. The board on the other hand I suppose could possibly cause it if it were cracked maybe or the video card is not seated well and properly. I hope I am not contradicting anything I may have said previously as I cant remember exactly your original post. From what you have stated above.. if it were me… I would check the power supply. If your computer is integrated then Yes the monitor has its own and the power supply in your tower supplies high voltage to it. The power supply to check is the monitors…do you know if it requires an isolation transformer..? If it does (more then likely it does not) thats the very first thing to check.. that will cause it in heartbeat but most svga's (specially newer ones) do not require a seperate iso. When you finally narrow it down to "none of the above" the horz. and vert. synch's will be your answer. Once them go, as they do have a shelf life, you have two options. 1:) you can have it fixed by someone or do it yourself (which I do not recommend) and hope that it lasts more then a month.. 2:) buy a new one.. :( Also .. I hope it wasnt I who gave the impression that your BIOS would have anything to do with that.. even though its called BIOS (BASIC input and output).. it is misleading..in my opinion only advanced users should have access to that information and be able to change things… its not somthing to play with I guess is my point and cant see in any way it having anything to do with a monitor.. I hope that helps a little..:)