Hello
I am sorry if this is inapprpriate but my neighbor just came over -she works from home and needs to get internet. There were no signs of failure except losing connection.
Modem is working but no internet access. Do not have a router.
I am not visible on list of people on avaiable networks.
What steps can I take shy of calling verizon.
Thank you
Power off the computer and the Verizon modem.
Wait a minute or so.
Power on the modem and wait until the lights are settled, 30 secs to 1 minute.
Power on the computer and wait till it's fully booted and stable.
Try the internet. If it still doesn't work, click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:
A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.
If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu
I should wait to reply as she is waiting for Verizon, yet I want to be up to date and thankful for your kind reply - I do not take this lightly.
I know you can solve this but she is not familiar with forums,especially this one. She has asked if I can hold off and if she still can't get this worked out with her boss and verizon, she would come to me to follow through with your plan.
I am very thankfu for the time you have taken and hope I can still bring the notepad to you if she remains in a rut.
I woud let her run the line you gave us and when she creates the notepad, send it to a flashdrive so we can use my pc to send it to you as she has no internet.
Thank you once again
Peter
Do have her try the power cycle steps though. That often fixes a problem like this.
She is absent right now.
I remember my working days when I was overwhelmed. I told her about power cycling but she has not gotten back to me.
I hope she follows through so experiment with the notepad and all.
Because you went to the trouble of gathering information for my friend, I thought it only polite that I inform you of her status.
She has a failed modem which will be replaced Thursday.
Let's hope the tech gets her online.
Thank you very much for your offer.
Btw, I ran the commanrd in my and although it was interesting, I did not understand any of it; that is why I consuted you.
Thank you again.
Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI