Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't set up internet on work laptop at home

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bruffyboy

bruffyboy

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

My home computer seems to have broken, and so I am without internet access whilst it is sorted. I do have a work laptop, which I have been unable to get online. Basically the work laptop allows me to choose whether to log in to the work’s network (which I do when I use it at work) or the laptop itself (which I do from home). I have tried putting the internet cable into the laptop but the internet doesn’t work. Does anyone know, step by step, how I can get the laptop online? I have played around with the ‘set up new connection’ bits and bobs but haven’t got anywhere. My internet is Virgin broadband, and I don’t have an installation CD or IP details etc. Any help greatly appreciated. I just basically need a step by step guide, but bearing in mind the details above!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

I haven't set up a virgin connection for quite a while now, so can't recall how I did it, but before getting all technical lets try a very simple thing, pull the power from the router\modem (physically remove the power), leave it 30 seconds then plug it back in, you'll be surprised how often this is all it needs, if your still stuck here is a walk through of suggestions by virgin, hopefully these will help shed some light if nothing else, hope this helps.

Braindead