This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't set up internet on work laptop at home

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My home computer seems to have broken, and so I am without internet access whilst it is sorted. I do have a work laptop, which I have been unable to get online. Basically the work laptop allows me to choose whether to log in to the work’s network (which I do when I use it at work) or the laptop itself (which I do from home). I have tried putting the internet cable into the laptop but the internet doesn’t work. Does anyone know, step by step, how I can get the laptop online? I have played around with the ‘set up new connection’ bits and bobs but haven’t got anywhere. My internet is Virgin broadband, and I don’t have an installation CD or IP details etc. Any help greatly appreciated. I just basically need a step by step guide, but bearing in mind the details above!
I haven't set up a virgin connection for quite a while now, so can't recall how I did it, but before getting all technical lets try a very simple thing, pull the power from the router\modem (physically remove the power), leave it 30 seconds then plug it back in, you'll be surprised how often this is all it needs, if your still stuck here is a walk through of suggestions by virgin, hopefully these will help shed some light if nothing else, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI