This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can't find my network on network connections

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So recently I have been sleeping at my friend for 2 days, and I brought my computer, connected to his network and all that shiz. When I got back home with my computer, it couldn't find my network (Zyxel router) and only 2 other networks (my neighbors). Basicly I tried to reset the router, reboot the router 2-3 times and reinstalling my pc. Since I don't have a network adapter on it, and no disc I'm using this wireless network wire thingie. Still can't find the internet. Windows 7 64bit.. Please respond fast as I really need internet atm.
Hi Furyc,
Welcome to the WTT forums, and sorry to hear of the networking problems you are experiencing.
Your post does not provide enough information for us to help……
please therefore post back with:

1 The make and model number of your computer
2 Model number of your Zyxel modem/router/wireless Application
3 Let us know if you can connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable twixt your router and computer
4 Check in Device Manager..are your network adapters recognised and working correctly? (you must have a network adapter either wireless or wired to connect to the Internet)
5 Please supply the make and model number of your "wire thingie"

I'm using this wireless network wire thingie.

6 If you are trying to use a USB wireless network adapter, did you install the drivers for it before plugging it in?
7 Please open a command prompt with elevated priviledges (right click on the command prompt and run as administrator)
at the prompt, copy and paste the following:
cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping bbc.co.uk >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"
Press the Enter key
wait a few moments and then copy and paste the output back into your reply with the answers to the above
Regards
paws

Hi Furyc,
Welcome to the WTT forums, and sorry to hear of the networking problems you are experiencing.
Your post does not provide enough information for us to help……
please therefore post back with:

1 The make and model number of your computer
2 Model number of your Zyxel modem/router/wireless Application
3 Let us know if you can connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable twixt your router and computer
4 Check in Device Manager..are your network adapters recognised and working correctly? (you must have a network adapter either wireless or wired to connect to the Internet)
5 Please supply the make and model number of your "wire thingie"

I'm using this wireless network wire thingie.

6 If you are trying to use a USB wireless network adapter, did you install the drivers for it before plugging it in?
7 Please open a command prompt with elevated priviledges (right click on the command prompt and run as administrator)
at the prompt, copy and paste the following:
cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping bbc.co.uk >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"
Press the Enter key
wait a few moments and then copy and paste the output back into your reply with the answers to the above
Regards
paws

Thank you, I have solved the problem now. It just took some time, and I don't really know why. Can you help me find a network adapter driver for HP Pavilion 2052-sc? And I also have some yellow !'s on 3 of my 'Other devices' Ethernet Controller, Network Controller and SM Bus Controller

Hi Furyc
Glad you got it fixed
Well done!
:thumbup:
Heres a link to the driver update page for your computer ( Win7 64bit)….. you should be able to download and install the correct drivers (according to your operating System type)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…product=5198889
Let us know if you hit any problems
regards
paws

Thank you for the help, I really like this site. Installing some of them right now and will report back soon.

Hi Furyc
Glad you got it fixed
Well done!
:thumbup:
Heres a link to the driver update page for your computer ( Win7 64bit)….. you should be able to download and install the correct drivers (according to your operating System type)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…product=5198889
Let us know if you hit any problems
regards
paws

Fixed thank you :) Will ask if any more problems, I might donate soon. This helped me out alot.
It gets out of range every 1 minute, and I have no idea why. Sometimes it comes back, and i'm not getting DDOS'd or anything because my family is on the internet well (they have cable) and I am using wireless. It just keeps of getting out of range and I'm maximumly 20 meters away from the router. What can I do to stop this? I get those 2 errors in trouble shooter "None of the networks you have prevously connected to are in range." "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken." Both = Not fixed. We switched to Fullrate a couple weeks ago and have a ZyXEL router.
SM Bus Controller in Device Manager has a yellow !.
Please help me again, paws.

Here is my postme.txt:
http://pastebin.com/fk46tQ3C
Change the channel used for wireless from Auto to a specific number. Try a low number and if that doesn't help, try a high one. That often helps if the problem is some kind of interference (cell phone, microwave, etc.)

Change the channel used for wireless from Auto to a specific number. Try a low number and if that doesn't help, try a high one.

That often helps if the problem is some kind of interference (cell phone, microwave, etc.)

I am not able to access my router, the log in has been changed from 1234 to something I don't know. Nobody changed it, it changed automaticly. P-2812HNU-F1

Change the channel used for wireless from Auto to a specific number. Try a low number and if that doesn't help, try a high one.

That often helps if the problem is some kind of interference (cell phone, microwave, etc.)

Nevermind, just needed the password for "My Fullrate" thank you. Will try it and report back anytime soon.

Hi, i know this topic is old but i really need help …

 

First of all my desktop can't detect my home's wifi

 

It showed:

 

None of the networks you have previously connected to are in range 

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken 

 

Here's my postme.txt :

http://pastebin.com/JPs9MFmy

Hi Rey Sirmund, sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your getting on line via wi fi

 

The output from the script you ran indicates that your computer has not got an "enabled" network adapter card installed……

 

There could be 2 simple reasons for this:

 

1 Have you enabled your wireless network adapter?

2 Do you have a wireless network adapter fitted to your computer? and have you installed its drivers?

 

check in Device Manager and tell us the name of your Wireless network adapter and by right clicking on it check if its connected or working properly…any yellow or red marks against it?

 

When replying please advise (as well as the above) the make and model number of your computer, its operating system and if 32 or 64 bit

 

Have you been able to connect using wifi on this particular machine with the wireless access point concerned previously… or are you trying to use wifi on this set up for the first time?

Regards

paws

Hi paws,

 

I used Aztech Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adaptor all the while.Recently around a week or 2 only my desktop can't connect the wifi. Previously such problem never occur, it been smooth for the past few years. Is weird that i can see other people's wifi but my own wifi won't even appear in the wifi list.

 

Next, "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers" - it showed my hardware or hard disk got a yellow triangle "!" icon. I right clicked it, select "Properties"  and it showed "unknown device". Then, i clicked the "Properties" of the unknown device , in the general tab - it showed device status "Reinstall the drivers for the device. (Code 18). 

 

 

My desktop's spec

 

Window 7 Ultimate 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz

System type: 32 bit 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI