This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

stuck

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I tried to intall updates yesterday but it said ," please do not power off or unplug computer installing update 7 of 8" It still says that. What to do?
You don't have a lot of options. Power it down by holding in the power button until it turns off. Wait a few seconds then power it back on again. You will get the screen that says it was not shut down correctly, etc. Chose Normal Startup. Once it's booted and stable, do a manual Windows Update via Start / All Programs / Windows Update and see what it shows. If there are offered, give them a try.
Thank you, Rich. It has been a bumpy road for a while but things are settling down. I did power down but kept tappting f8 and in safe mode did some checking. I thought you could download updates whule in safe mode (networking) but could not. I have been downoading a few ata a time to avoid conflicts. I checked %temp % and it had 150 files and the recylcle was full. I did a disc clean up. I have yet to recheck sfc, system restore and error checking. They worked before windows updates and hope they still work. They began this mess when they did not work and I tried to fix thim. Thanx Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI