This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MP$ video files

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello
I am not sure of the terminology but I want to convert MP4 video files from my Flip camera to files I can use in Win 7x64.
WMP is corrupted by raw MP4 files and the dvd or movie maker does not support MP4.
Is there a reliable, relatively easy converter so I can convert MP4 to WMV and WMA enabling me to use these files with Windows?
Currently I have to upload via usb to Computerr where I copy and paste from DCIM to dsktop and burn a dvd with Roxio without editing or viewing in WMP. Bing and Google have confused the issue.
Thank you,
Peter

Peter, I found this one via a Google search: WinX Free MP4 to WMV Converter

I downloaded it and scanned it then cranked up Acronis Try and Decide and installed it. It is free and converts from MP4 to WMV so may be what you need.

I can play MP4 files on my Win 7 system using Quicktime Player. Maybe give it a try instead of converting?



Just to be clear, you can use Quicktime without a converter to use raw mp4 files?
WMP can play mp4 files from disc but it can't handle raw mp4 files, like when you import them from a camera and try to view them..
That is why I wonder if I need the conversion with Q.T.

Thank you all for the help. I will try QT and see. As usual I will report back but it may be a while this time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI