This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

burner for mp4 video files

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had Roxio but Dell could not install it from disc or downoad after I reinstalled my o.s.. They feel another Roxio will not work although they are sending another disc. The point is, I used to just drag and drop my Flip mp4 video files from desktop into Roxio Burn and without alot of conversion etc the dvds would burrn so I could play them with VLC. Could someone please suggest a program which could simply and directly allow me to drag and drop video mp4 files without conversion so I could again burn dvds? I thought Nero was a competitor but it read as though it did not handle mp4 and even mp3 involved conversion. I doubt freeware will help so will probably go to Staples or Best Buy Thank you for help Peter
should think there's lots that do out there peter but maybe not by default and you'll need to manually add the capability like with cdburnerxp.

MP4/AAC support

Because of patent issues, MP4 cannot be supported by CDBurnerXP by default. In order to enable MP4 support, you need to download the bass_aac.dll and put it into the CDBurnerXP program directory.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/audio/formats

:popcorn:
What version of Roxio? I have Roxio Creator 2010 and everything has worked for me so far though I've not tried what you are doing. Why burn them when you can play them directly via VLC or Windows Media Player?

What version of Roxio? I have Roxio Creator 2010 and everything has worked for me so far though I've not tried what you are doing.

Why burn them when you can play them directly via VLC or Windows Media Player?


>>Mine is called Easy CD and DVD ver 10.3
It came preinstalled in the pc from Dell.
Three of their software guys tried everything.
It almost installs then an error box says something like ecm 10 needs to be installed first.
Nothing worked.
They showed me a Google site where it is a known issue and workarounds were tried unsuccessfully.
They are sending another disc with a different title but said it probably will not work.
I asked about a program without conversion etc because the Roxio just did a drag and drop.

I burn dvd's because I use them as a family album for my children and grand childeren. I can mail it to them and give as gifts.
It must be possible as it worked before, the simple drag and drop process.

Btw, win prducts like dvd maker and WMP cannot handle mp4. My WMP was corrupted by trying to view them as raw files. I had to make the dvd then view or use VLC.

should think there's lots that do out there peter but maybe not by default and you'll need to manually add the capability like with cdburnerxp.

MP4/AAC support

Because of patent issues, MP4 cannot be supported by CDBurnerXP by default. In order to enable MP4 support, you need to download the bass_aac.dll and put it into the CDBurnerXP program directory.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/audio/formats

:popcorn:



>>Yes, I removed it with Revo

>>If you look into burning dvds as easily as Roxio did you will find it is hard to find a replacement. -I would love to have it back but can't push rope.
Like Nero, this is normally a paid for advanced burning product, but there was a free offer at one stage and this is it and how to get it.

Importantly, It is also multi-session capable, which is impossible to find (as far as I know) in anything else that is free. Works fine and I've never had a problem with it.

[attachment removed]

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced FREE 9.24

There are a few steps to negotiate after installation and first opening the program to receiving the free program key. Enter an em address, name and age (anything but true if you like), and create a password. You will then receive an em to click on to obtain your activation Key. Copy and paste it in the box when you re-open the program. That's it.

There is an option to receive their advertising and "newsletter" which I unticked.

Cheers,
Lee
Lee -this is a syno[psis of issues to date.
First thank you for the referral; I am going to study it.
Secondly, I never get a notification you have replied. I incidentally see your replies when I am surfing the site.
Do you think MG's IMGburn would do the job? I keep reading it but don't want to keep trying downloads that won't work.

mp4
Win 7 x64, i5, 1T, MSIE 9
My Flip video cam creates MP4 files.
I had Roxio Easy CD and DVD Easy Burning ver 10.3(starter kit) preloaded on my Dell XPS 8300.
After I reformatted and reinstalled the o.s., I lost the application.
I have a disc for the Roxio above but it would not install saying it needed ecm 10 in
order to do so.
Dell techs tried but failed to install from both the disc and Roxio.
Thay are sending a new disc slightly different but feel it ptobably will not work because of the previous tries with the old disc or Roxio is having issues.

I need to either find a way to fix this,or, get a burner that will burn MP4 video files, as described below.

I used to simply drag and drop these files from my desktop into my Roxio burn icon and the disc was created without conversion etc.
Due to my average skill level I need a fix or a similiar program which will allow me to simply drag and drop into the burner without conversions or difficult tasks.

Can you help me out.
Thank you

Like Nero, this is normally a paid for advanced burning product, but there was a free offer at one stage and this is it and how to get it.

Importantly, It is also multi-session capable, which is impossible to find (as far as I know) in anything else that is free. Works fine and I've never had a problem with it.

[attachment removed]

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced FREE 9.24

There are a few steps to negotiate after installation and first opening the program to receiving the free program key. Enter an em address, name and age (anything but true if you like), and create a password. You will then receive an em to click on to obtain your activation Key. Copy and paste it in the box when you re-open the program. That's it.

There is an option to receive their advertising and "newsletter" which I unticked.

Cheers,
Lee


Peter
>>I studied it and it only mentioned MP3 not MP4 files, unless I am mistaken.

should think there's lots that do out there peter but maybe not by default and you'll need to manually add the capability like with cdburnerxp.

MP4/AAC support

Because of patent issues, MP4 cannot be supported by CDBurnerXP by default. In order to enable MP4 support, you need to download the bass_aac.dll and put it into the CDBurnerXP program directory.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/audio/formats

:popcorn:



>>Yes, I removed it with Revo

>>If you look into burning dvds as easily as Roxio did you will find it is hard to find a replacement. -I would love to have it back but can't push rope.


no i don't think it would be hard to find a program that does what you want peter, but not having any windows os installed i can't test any for you, and as far as i can see cdburnerxp does all that you want anyway, along with lee's recommendation of ashampoo.
most programs will allow you to find your file and drag and drop it into the burner program.. shrugs.

mportantly, It is also multi-session capable, which is impossible to find (as far as I know) in anything else that is free.

lee i think you'll find there are a lot of free burner programs out there that can burn multi session(i'm assuming you mean data disc that can be added to at any time until full), even cdburnerxp does it.
http://cdburnerxp.se/help/data/compiledata

using linux and usually k3b myself tho i find it hard to recommend any single program for windows, most from the few i've read about seem up to the job and it's just a case of personal choice. :D

:popcorn:

lee i think you'll find there are a lot of free burner programs out there that can burn multi session

Apart from CDburnerXP (which always seems to have had various problems when I've used it in the past, especially on W7), I don't know of any free burners that do multi-session, certainly not Imgburn which is a pity as apart from Ashampoo, it is the only free burner I've ever tried that is always fault free and easy to use.

Maybe the latest flavour of CDburnerXP is better than their past offerings and hopefully less confusing to use.
Apart from that, "CDBurnerXP is not a DVD authoring application. Thus, it is only possible to burn already existing video DVD images to disc". (see latest version notes).

Cheers,
Lee
did a quick google search "k3b on windows" and found this k3b alternatives link :- http://alternativeto.net/software/k3b/?platform=windows

out of the 4 i checked, 3 say they have data or multi-session capability.
i have no idea on performance, ease of use or age of programs, etc. and certainly am not recommending any but just wanted to show you there are quite a few free ones out there lee.

cdrtfe :- http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/cdrtfe/index_en.html
burnaware :- http://www.burnaware.com/burnaware_free.html
infrarecorder :- http://infrarecorder.org/

Apart from that, "CDBurnerXP is not a DVD authoring application. Thus, it is only possible to burn already existing video DVD images to disc".

not really sure where the problem is here, burners don't create images they just burn them to disc.
to create an iso image i don't use the same program i use to burn it to disc.
i do use the burner program to create multi session dvd/cd's if i want tho.

if you want an all in 1 program that does everything , encode,create iso's and burn to disc then no i can't honestly say i know of one. shrugs

:popcorn:

if you want an all in 1 program that does everything , encode,create iso's and burn to disc then no i can't honestly say i know of one.


I'm no expert in the various music or video files, but unless I'm reading things incorrectly -
By burning an MP4 to a disk that will then play in (any) DVD player, Ashampoo is doing exactly that (converting the format). "All in 1" :thumbup:

MediaMonkey can also convert files (MP3 to CD for instance). I'm sure there are other burning programs that will do it too but you probably have to pay for them though.

Cheers,
Lee
i was having a blonde moment earlier lee :rofl: :-

if you want an all in 1 program that does everything , encode,create iso's and burn to disc then no i can't honestly say i know of one. shrugs


of course i know of an all in 1 program that can do that i use one it's called k3b and i think you'll find the 3 i listed can do it too on windows.

bit tired and my mate on skype is giving me a headache trying to get his new tv/monitor to work correctly, so my brains not working as it should at the moment. :rofl:

anyway i bet peter's fed up with me taking over his thread. :blush: (sorry peter)

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI