Do you know of any SAFE download sites for games? I downloaded Wordjong yesterday from Funkitron and it gave me a virus. I see links all over the place to download them but I'm too scared to click on them! It also loaded 5 other games!!! I wanna play Wordjong!!!!
Any site that offers totally "free" software that normaly costs money, is usually not free at all.
It will often have added extras that can range from annoying to very nasty - as you have found out
A good idea when downloading any sort of software is to right-click it first after download and click on "scan" for malicious software. This will let you know if the software is safe or has a nasty surprise included. If nasty, don't open it and send it too the recycle bin!
The best program to do this with is Malwarebytesand your anti-virus.
If you think you are still infected with Melware after the experience you mentioned in your post, please go here and open a new thread. The Tech. experts there will walk you through on how to completely remove it.