My friend sent me a link to a site where I could download NES and SNES emulators. I click the link, downloaded them, and then my desktop background began flashing and said "WARNING! YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A VIRUS……."
Every time I run a virus scan, it says I have a TROJ_HIJACK virus. Occasionally, or depending on what virus scan i use, it says I have no problems at all. But recently, my internet has become very slow.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get rid of a TROJ_HIJACK virus. All help is appreciated
This sounds like it could be one of the Spyaxe, SpywareStrike, AdwarePunisher, AlfaCleaner, type attacks, especially if the flashing warning provides a link to download and acquire one of those named "false security" products.
Here is a link for "Self-Help" removal if you determine that this is the case and you decide to clean it up yourself without further advice. Go Here and select the appropriate resource that applies in your case: http://bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum55.html
If you are not comfortable with doing this on a "Self-Help" basis, then please Run and Post a HighJackThis Log into the HJT Forum here. Read and follow these instructions: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Many people download and run HijackThis after visiting a Computer Tech Help Forum. This section is designed to help you produce a log, post the log at that Forum and finally remove the items as directed by the Member helping you. This involves no analysis of the list contents by you. That will be done by the Help Forum Staff. It is a Quick Start.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI