This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

BSOD when I start my PC up

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently had a virus and had to use aswMBR and ComboBox to repair my PC, ever since then about 50% of the time when I turn on my PC I get a BSOD after the Windows Logo comes up but before the blue log in screen comes up. PC Details: HP Pavilion Elite m9340f PC Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700 Nivida GeForce 9500GS Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit I haven't tried anything to fix the problem because I don't know where to start :( Thanks for any help in advance!
Hi mutantboy5, Welcome to WTT :thumbup: Were you on another forum site dealing with your Melware problem? If so, could you please supply a link to the thread. What is the error code that you receive when you get a BSOD? Cheers, Lee
Hi there and thanks for the reply. A friend of friend of mine helped me with the virus, so I don't really have a link (maybe he does, I'll try to find out). As far an error code what exactly are you looking for, I have this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff880076d883c). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102511-26332-01. and this: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the problem BCCode: d1 BCP1: 0000000000000008 BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000001 BCP4: FFFFF880076D883C OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 256_1 Bucket ID: X64_0xD1_LV302V64!LDebugMemFree+44 Server information: 697a5915-83ef-4b75-86ce-3dd030705156 Thanks in advance for any help
Its your Logitech Quickcam driver. Try updating the software, or unplugging it for a while to determine if that is truly the cause.
Hi, Thanks for the fast replies. I don't know how you guys do that by looking at those codes, but you guys are great! I removed the camera from the computer. That maybe one cause of my BSODs but I was getting them before I hooked up the camera, well at least the ones during my PC boot up were happening before I installed the camera. Maybe you guys can look over this error code too: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000018 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa800a1a78e0, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffff8000321e901). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102011-25677-01. and this: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the problem BCCode: 18 BCP1: 0000000000000000 BCP2: FFFFFA800A1A78E0 BCP3: 0000000000000002 BCP4: FFFFF8000321E901 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 256_1 Bucket ID: X64_0x18_CORRUPT_REF_COUNT_nt!AlpcpUnlockAndDereferenceTargetPortsAndCommunicationInfo+8f Server information: 9e64b3be-87b4-461d-9e2e-67a248677ab7 and sometimes the log just says: Windows failed to start and we are unable to determine the cause of the problem
Hello. I don't find any information based on the information you provided as to what this error is.

If you are having several, random blue screens then you are likely experiencing them as a result of several other issues. That could be hardware trouble, inproper malware removal or usage or malware removal tools, corrupt software or drivers, etc.

Because of the previous malware infection, and the fact that you have indicated a "friend of a friend" did a cleanup and used tools such as combofix, I would have to request that you head on over to the malware removal forum. It isn't that I don't trust the guy that worked on your computer, its just that the information you provide seems to reinforce the idea that neither one of us knows this person's qualifications. Its very likely something was missed or other damage was done.

I would recommend reviewing and performing recommendation in this thread: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103823 While you are in the case make sure all fans are spinning and everything is clean.

Next, use the built in HP diagnostics to test your hard drive for problems. Looks like there may be a couple different ways to do it. Try this link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen…e=bph05701#N175

After doing your best to eliminate the possibility of hardware trouble, please go immediately over to the malware removal forum and create a new thread requesting assistance. You should also provide a link to this thread so that they may review the information here. Here is the link to the malware removal forum: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=27

Chances are its hardware or malware. Once those possibilities have been thoroughly eliminated, then we can address other possible causes of problems and perform further analysis.

Take care.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI