This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Is my computer on it's last legs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Guys - it looks like I need a bit of advice and guidance. My computer is a Dell 8300, about 7 or 8 years old so I guess it could need replacing. Is there a way to test it? I've been here before and had great help so I'm hoping for rescue again. I think there was a web site I could access which tested my PC and you guys gave me advice from reports created. I can't find my old posts so not sure what that was. Can anyone help? The issue right now is that I race online, today I lost all sound. Then I got vision distortions with yellow and blue vertical line and finally my computer froze. I had help recently because I thought my computer was over heating but now I think I have a serious, machine ending problem. Rebooting, it works ok, for now. Can anyone help me please?
7 or 8 years is a good life for most computers. I recommend you backup any data you don't want to lose now. Your problems could be heat related so make sure the interior is free of heat trapping dust and that all fans are spinning. Beyond that, I always want to ensure I have a good power supply by swapping in a known good one.
Hi again Digerati Yes I have online back up so I'm good there. Checking the case again I have 3 fans, video card, power source and a big one pulling air over the heat sink. All are functioning.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI