HiD
Topic Starter
I have a dell inspiron laptop that is 4 years old with win. xp service pack 2 installed and updated plus nortons corporate antivirus. I am unable to have the computer do a system restore. Upon start up a high pitched awful beeping noise goes on until I press F2. The computer then will start up semi normally except my internet favorites will not work (page flashes then goes back to my homepage) and I can surf the net only if I type in the url. Also my school email upon opening only will allow me to delete the messages. I have had viruses detected and quarantined by nortons. The ctupdit.exe was found in May but seems to pop up as being found again and A01079799.exe( and others were just recently found and quarantined but not able to be repaired. Possibly related to my problems?? I am somewhat computer savvy and would appreciate and be willing to try fixes. In advance thank you for your assistance.