This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Blue Screen of Death

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop has a serious issue. I keep getting the infamous blue screen of death. Whenever i try to log onto windows it immediately crashes and gives me an error message. The error message says that windows has to shut down and it gives the following reason.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x00000D1

NTIO 256.sys-address F79079ED

This is some of the information that is displayed when it crashes. I ran Hijackthis and heres the log file:


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:20, on 2007-09-30
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\savedump.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wmid=…6Ojg5&lid=2
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us&ibd=6060913
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 0.0.0.0:8080
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe,
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {101519D8-8162-DEE4-4F10-8B8DCD218FC3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\xrtt.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Her - {971D5B7B-F7DF-43ee-B771-6B7FA09975C3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcprp.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {AC546B33-036A-41DA-B1CC-C1D15659520E} - C:\WINDOWS\movctrlflm.dll
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Dhgthfg.dll - {B5AC49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-2604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Dhgthfg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\S7dsf4g.dll - {B5AF0562-94F3-42BD-F434-2604812C297D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\S7dsf4g.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: The nssfrch - {61AB8A39-FCCB-47CC-BAF3-750D1834E773} - C:\WINDOWS\nssfrch.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A00231A8-2776-4FE0-BE45-890C441FB27B}: NameServer = 85.255.114.10,85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D8C4244A-A63B-4257-8E43-73FF25A8859E}: NameServer = 85.255.114.10,85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{FAF01B39-4792-4A6C-889B-43F89276CB01}: NameServer = 85.255.114.10,85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.10 85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.10 85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{29B39846-0902-49E5-B96A-2F1FC54E9A72}: NameServer = 85.255.114.10,85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.10 85.255.112.123
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.10 85.255.112.123
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Viwwxbv - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\viwwxbv.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O21 - SSODL: bxsbang - {88AE5F19-4145-4ED4-B230-9054A76285D5} - C:\WINDOWS\bxsbang.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: ocgrep - {4C366D7D-BC07-4A0A-A536-C57B7202590F} - C:\WINDOWS\ocgrep.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: DCOM Server 25319 - {2C1CD3D7-86AC-4068-93BC-A02304B25319} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qvofsm.dll
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_state.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Microsoft Internet Explorer - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\_svchost.exe
O23 - Service: MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sMICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SQLAgent$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlagent.EXE" -i MICROSOFTSMLBIZ (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)
Hi and welcome to the forums. :) I'm Markka and I will be helping you with your malware issues. I'll check your HijackThis log. Right now I'm MRU Undergrad, everything that I post to you must be checked by teachers of Malware Removal University. Please be patient. :)

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
I'm Markka and I will be helping you with your malware issues.

I'll check your HijackThis log. Right now I'm MRU Undergrad, everything that I post to you must be checked by
teachers of Malware Removal University.
Please be patient. :)



Thanks for your help Markka..
Hello :)

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can attempt to clean this machine but i can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post

Hello :)

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can attempt to clean this machine but i can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post


Marrka I have a lot of important information that i need to remove from the system. I just wanted to know if it was possible for me to remove some of these files and reinstall them after I reformat my hard drive? I really cant afford to lose this information.
Hello :)

Marrka I have a lot of important information that i need to remove from the system. I just wanted to know if it was possible for me to remove some of these files and reinstall them after I reformat my hard drive? I really cant afford to lose this information.

You can move those important files to memory stick or burn to CDs.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI