This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Removing Password Safe

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The Malware Team just help me get rid of a virus on my PC. I had Password Safe installed on my PC and removed it through the Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs). It seemed to remove it, but the icon still appears in my taskbar. If I click on it, I can still go to their web page for updates even though I've unintalled it. Anyone have any recommendations on removing this lingering part of the software? There may have been an uninstall that I was not aware of. I thought about updating the software with a new install and then trying to remove it again, but thought I'd stop by here first just to see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks! MagCindy
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.


http://www.revouninstaller.com/
You are probably right Ztruker and simply right clicking on it and then click on delete should finish this completely off. :woot:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI