Hello,
My computer has the Antivirus Pro software malware. My sister downloaded the antivirus believing that it was a legitimate antivirus program. Little did she know that it was a hoax. Now, we can't seem to remove this program in our computer. It constantly pops up that there are certain viruses in the computer and prompts us to purchase the program. The computer literally cannot function without these popups appearing.
I have tried following the steps in this website about how to remove it which involved the malware software, but it did not work. I restarted the computer and behold…it was still there. PLEASE HELP ME!!
The computer that is contaminated is a Windows Vista.
Thank you very much!
Hello malwarehelp101 and welcome to WhatTheTech. I’ll be happy to look over your log and help you with your issues. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted.
Any underlined text in my posts indicates a clickable link.
You should print any instruction I give you for ease of use and reference.
If you have any questions at all, please stop and ask before proceeding.
Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise.This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.
**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT"entries unless advised!
If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
Click NO
In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked … leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
Now click the Scan button. Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
Click OK.
GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.