This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Help I think I found a hidden trojan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently my mother uses my laptop a lot and sometimes brings it back with random infections. I have ben able to remove most but now one has changed a password on my computer that I really need. I think I found it but I wasn't sure I should delete it without professional help.

Tried to follow the directions but the second step failed. Whatever this is has changed my administrative password.

Just move on with the other scans like MBAM and post the results.
It didn't allow me to install Malwarebytes. Everytime I try to instal something it asks for my administrative password the only thing that installed was the ATf Cleaner.
Vista and Windows 7 users:
1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI