This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Administrator

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Using Win 7 ultimate. I just tried to export Firefox bookmarks to my own external hdd (F) , just incase of trouble with internal hdd. Normal thing to do. But—— The system said 'You do not have permission to save in this location.Would you like to save in My Documents.' I said no and then tried to save it in drive C:, got the same answer. I had to save in my documents and then copy to drive F,external.Before doing so the system made me and gave the option to approve as Administrator . This choice was not given when I had tried to do it the first time directly to F. While installing the OS I did not create a password as administrator but did create passiword to log in my name.When I boot it gives me the choice of logging in as admn: or in my name. I know it was foolish of me to create account like this !!! Please, what can I do, so that I am able to move folders directly to any disk I want to. :(
As mentioned earlier Account of Admn but without password Second account in my personal name with a password. I know it was silly of me to intall win in this fashion but this how it is. Just checked control panel–User and it then shows my name and the word Administrator. Strange at Boot it always shows 2 a/c one Admn and 2nd my name account which is pssword protected. What should do? Thank you for the trouble you are taking to solve my problem.
Admin is not a default account for Windows 7. That account is Called Administrator, not Admin and is disabled by default when you install Windows 7. To enable or disable it:

Open a Command Prompt
To enable: Enter net user administrator /active:yes
To disable: Enter net user administrator /active:no

If you have one called Admin and another with your name, which did you use to install your software after installing Windows 7? That is the one you should be using, though either should work.

As for the external drive, you can try taking ownership of it and see if that gives you the access you need. See here for how to make this easy to do: Add "Take Ownership" to Context Menu of Files, Folders, and Drives

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI