This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem accessing folder

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there, I had a question. I have used our other laptops hard drive in another laptop to make one working laptop, anyway- I made a backup of the hard drive once It was installed on the new laptop, I was reinstalling windows and was given an option to backup the current hard drive which is now located in a "My Backup" folder on my computer. Now I am unable to access a vital folder which is named the name of the main user of the previous laptop. It is under documents and settings, and is what I am thinking the main user profile. It says access denied when I click on it and also shows that it has zero bytes of info in it when I right click it. Is there another way to access this? Or another way to access the main user profile on a hard drive where windows has been reinstalled but the info backed up? thanks for anyones help. This forum is amazing

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI