This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

CopyTo--MoveTo

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Sorry I am bothering everyone. Just lost a 3 month old hdd with all data and also 4gb ram also 3 monthe old. Using Win7 ultimate. Sometime ago a genetelman here had given me link to Copyto and Moveto because win no longer has these when you right click a folder etc. I tried to look for the old post but my account only shows recent 2 posts. I will be most grateful if I could have the link again. Also.In control panel what do I need to click to be able to tell the system Not to go to sleep :notworthy:
Thank you both. copy move works. Ztrucker, sorry forgot to mention that I use Win7. Will sleep thing work in win7. Do not want to install without clearance. Sorry about this but I have a medical condition and I have forgotten how to create new partitions in Win7. Any help would be appreciated.
Turn off W7 sleep mode.

To shrink volume.
Assuming you just have one large C: volume (whole of hard drive).
How to shrink C: volume and create a 2nd, volume partition.

Start / right-click computer / manage / disk management / right-click on C: disk volume / enter 25548MB (or your choice) into "Total shrink size in MB", That will give you a C; size of 50GB which is plenty / click on "shrink" tab.

[attachment removed]

After completion and reboot, re-enter disk management and right-click remaining volume and choose "new simple volume". A Wizard will open. Leave as is and click on "next" / assign a drive letter (usually D for "data") / next / format as NTSF and your done.

Cheers,
Lee
Thank you very much–Lee. I rememberd to Google and all problems have been solved. The memory definitely out but I am going to get new memory and a hdd make that primary drive and then try to format the old one and see what happens. I have 2 pcs that is how I am writing this. If anything interesting happens with the hdd I shall report. Otherwise thank you, till next time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI