This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Kernal Data Inpage Error

31 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I swear if it isn't one thing, it's another. It seems you were right and BootVis somehow never completed it's run (I have absolutely no clue when it was run last) and was filling up the HD with it's log.

After I got that straightened out, I wanted to see how the computer was handling and I have blue-screened twice since yesterday. The same blue-screens that started this mess (which seemed to halt over the passed two weeks) atapi.sys and watchdog.sys (which is actually an nVidia driver issue).

The computer seems to be really sluggish at boot, but once I am in it seems to run sub-par but not as bad as it was with the interrupt issue before. I am still at a loss of what to do or what to report at this point. It seems nothing we have done has had much impact on performance. I still feel there is some underlying issue we haven't found yet. Editing here still shows the 100% CPU issue every few seconds. I don't recall ever having this issue previously.

I notice that when the computer blue screens it is usually a website that causes the issue with a video ad. Sometimes, I get blue-screens on YouTube. Others, I can watch YouTube videos for hours and not have an issue.

This situation is really making me :pullhair:
This has been going on for quite awhile now. I would recommend the following:

1. Backup your data (I suspect with all the drive space you have you are already doing this).
2. Do a Repair Install.
3. If that doesn't fix it, do a Clean Install.

If these do not help then you have a hardware problem, most likely caused by your boot drive, since you've run with the others disabled.

One way I see to test this without having to buy anything is to do an image backup of your 2nd 500GB hard drive to a folder on the 1TB drive. Then format the 2nd 500GB drive then clone your 500GB boot drive to the 2nd 500GB drive.

Remove the current boot drive and make the 2nd 500GB drive your boot drive.

Boot and test, see what happens.

Time consuming but this is what I would do.
The problem, in general, the proposed process is beyond the ordinary expectations of consumption of resources. Most likely, but the problem is that a process driver is missing, damaged or the wrong version.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI