This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Blue Screen After Fresh Install

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there, i've been having a problem lately. Starting around christmas, i started getting blue screen errors. I can recall one was IRQl_not less then blah blah, and another was paged area in nonpaged something. Anyways, it started happening more frequently when anything memory intensive happened :ie: Firefox loading a page while opening other folders. It was so bad i reinstalled Vista from the recovery partition on my hard drive. I assumed the problem was solved, but it came back again when doing memory intensive things. I researched it and discovered it could be the memory, so i ran memtest twice, with a total of 500% coverage and 0 errors. I have no idea what the problem could be. It is less frequent after fresh install, so i don't have the exact blue screen message. I will try and get it to happen so i can report back here exact details. Here are my system specs Hp pavillion dv9000 laptop. amd turion 64 x2 mobile technology 2.2 ghz 2 gig ram vista home premium 32 bit Any help would be appreciated.
Hi twisty4678, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. There are known problems with some of these computers, that often need a motherboard replacement to effect a cure. My best advice is for you to contact HP support and see if they will either replace the motherboard for you or give you a replacement!…..its always worth asking! Some of their dealers are aware of the problems ( the more informed ones), but others profess to be totally unaware of the situation! If you go to the HP forums you will see a lot of folks have hardware problems not only with the dv9000 mode but also the dv6000, dv7000 and dv8000) After a class action in the USA concerning problems with the dv7000 series HP have been replacing motherboards or giving a free replacemnet system to users with some hardware problems, even when the machines were out of warranty! HP have in the past suggested that a BIOS fix will resolve the problems……..however a lot of folks have tried this but without any improvemement…….. It would be wrong of me to suggest that your particular machine is definitely one of the ones affected…..but I would certainly recommend that you take it up with HP as soon as possible. Regards paws
Hey there, sorry for the lateness of this message. The blue screen errors just kept getting worse and worse, so i took your advice and contacted hp. I was a bit worried as a kid a couple floors below me is still having a horror story with hp's customer service. He's been waiting three weeks now and been through three faulty computers. I decided to risk it and took the plunge. I shipped it out on Wednesday and got it back Friday, in perfect working order. I have never been so happy with a companys customer service. On the sheet they sent me, they said the were able to recreate the error, and that they replaced a lan/modem card. It is great now. Thanks again for the help, i probably would still be messing around with the error had i not come here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI