Hi, I just had a problem with some viruses and LDTATE from this forum had resolved that issue… however.. recently my computer has been shutting off with the blue screen. The last two times… I will post what it said
Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error
Stop: 0x0000007A (0xC04546D0, 0XC0000056, 0X012E6860, 0X8A8DA9ED)
NTFS. SYS- ADDRESS 8A8DA9ED Base at 8A8da000, datestamp 49E0192A
AND SECOND TIME
0X000000F4 (0X00000003,0X89103020,0X8910316C, 0X82230650)
Please help me…
Thanks,
Paul
I have no solutions for these kinds of errors, but I will try and help you to find what you need to sort it, the Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error error reports that an infection as 1 reason, BUT, they also list failing ram as a cause, if it is it's probably worth running MemTest or similar to check that your ram is OK, that link will offer advice about that code, see if this shows anything.
"One of the following conditions usually causes a Stop 0x7A: a bad sector in a paging file, a virus, a disk controller error, defective hardware, or failing RAM. In rare cases, a Stop 0x7A occurs when nonpaged pool resources run out."
No need for the /p switch. It is merely a quick diagnostic switch, used to check machines
that shouldn't be shut off for long, servers and the like. It can't fix anything.
hi.. thanks for your replies.. I am typing the CHKDSK C: /R in the run box and a black screen comes up for a second then goes away. I have vista operating system.. What do you suggest I do?
Thanks,
Paul
Hi, Try running the fix as recommended by Abydos from a command prompt
Start
Run
type in the white box
cmd
press enter
You should get a DOS type box
enter the following
chkdsk c: /r
(note, the spaces are important)
press enter
press Y
press enter
if box goes away* then close down and restart your machine as per normal and checkdisc will start to run automatically.
Please do not interupt it it can take several hours to run and complete all 5 passes when it has done then close down and restart your machine..then run it again..especially useful if it found errors the first time.
* if the box doesn't go away type in
exit
press enter
and it will go away (then continue as described above)
Regards
paws
EDIT, I have just noticed you are running on VISTA so you will need to run the command prompt with elevated priviliges…post back if you need specific instructions on how to do this…but here's a link anyway! http://www.kombitz.com/2007/02/14/vista-el…command-prompt/
Yeah it will almost certainly require admin rights, simplest way to do that is to click on Start - All Programs - Accessories, there you will see the Command Prompt, right click on that and select to run as admin, then you should be able to follow the above.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI