This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Server Not Found.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, well I am having a very bad problem with my internet connection. I already did a reset on the modem and router already, it's not my internet connection because all my other computers work fine with the internet. I just bought this computer and it is having problems with the internet not being connected, even though the status says it's working.

I also ran Combo Fix and malware stuff, and all the programs I have say it's not a malware that's the issue.

This is the link to my malware stuff.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…119851&st=0

Please help, I think it may be a setting in windows that's doing this or maybe I have a faulty wireless belkin adapter?
Just uninstalled the adapter software and re-installed it. a MS DOS window showed up saying something about the hardware, but I exited out of it. If I should re-install it again to see if it happens once more, I will take a screenshot. Also sometimes when I disable the device and enable it again I get my internet back, but it never says I lost internet connection when it goes out. It just says it's healthy.
Also, my monitor when it's in sleep mode or (sometimes it doesn't even go to screensaver mode) it doesn't show anything and is a black screen. And at times it just shows the wallpaper and I have to manually turn off the monitor and turn it back on to see my icons and desktop. Is this also still malware or a hardware function I can flick the switch on?
If you just bought the computer I would urge you to contact either the seller or the manufacturer and make them fix it. A new computer should not have problems connecting to the internet, especially when other computers connect fine. The only thing I would suggest to do first is see if there is a firmware update for your router and if yes, apply then then see how the new Windows 7 machine works.
I did contact HP, and they said they will not refund anything unless it's a hardware problem. Is there anyway to see if this internet problem is a hardware problem and not my modem? I double checked with Verizon and this computer still is the only computer that disconnects and loses it's ability to surf the internet. Or is there a website I can hardware cram my computer for a new one? via the warranty? hahha.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI