I installed and ran MalwareBytes last week. I had it delete everything it found. My internet stopped working after that.
I have Microsoft XP on my desktop and I'm using a D-Link Xtreme N DWA-552 Wireless internet card. It sees that there is a network to connect to it looks like but it won't ever connect to it. The IP address it shows my computer having is 0.0.0.0
Please help.
Sorry I didn't save any logs. I thought that maybe there was a problem with malwarebytes after that so I uninstalled if after i noticed my internet wasn't working, but that obviously didn't fix the problem. I've tried unistalling my wireless card and reinstalling it and reinstalling the drivers. but nothing worked.
Help if you can.
Thanks alot.
Perhaps you could try Systems Restore to put your system back where it was rather than taking such drastic action as to uninstall Malwarebytes' etc. Suggest you go to:
Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore and follow the prompts on the screen
Report back with the results and/or more questions.
Re your System Restore. To make sure you have the suggested amount of restore points on your system, please:
Right Click on My Computer on your desktop
System Restore tab
Highlight C:\Drive
Settings
Make sure System Restore is enabled/ticked in the box at the top left
Settings
Set to 1% (1095MB) approximately
Ok and Ok
I am wondering if you had many Malware issues that you deleted when you ran Malwarbytes' it maybe prudent to post a HJT log on the correct forum so the Malware fighters can give you a clear system.
If you need more help in this forum, please feel free to post back when your system had been cleared by the experts.
In case you haven't already tried….
Open - Control Panel - Network Connections
Highlight your Local Area Connection - Then Select "Enable this Network"
If that doesn't help, try "Repair This Connection".
If that doesn't help, report back here and we will give you some additional command lines to try.
Best Regards
Hello,
Some times an anti-malware program can break the winsock, making your computer unable to connect to the Internet.
Please download winsockfix here.
Make sure that you read the article before you download the program.
To fix this problem, just open your regisrty : click start then run and type regedit. When it opens up, click on file then import. Look for the most recent backed up regisrty file and import it. That should fix the problem.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI