This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer crashes while watching videos

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone, I'm here for some help with an issue I've been having for a few months. My friends and I recently made a new desktop for me, about 4 months ago. I started noticing that my computer would crash while watching videos or pictures that uses flash, such as Youtube. Now, it got much worse and crashes quite often when I go watch videos on Youtube. During the crash, my computer screen would either have a blank black or white screen, sometimes blue with horizontal stripes. During the crash, the video sound would stutter and repeat, while my iTunes still works through it. While crashed, my keyboard is unresponsive as well (Number Lock light doesn't respond), which is causing me to think it might be a hardware problem. Hardware: AMD Phenom II x4 3.2ghz G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - 2 Sticks Diamond ATI Radeon HD 5670 MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Kingwin MK-750W PSU I play computer games and watch videos that don't use Flash just perfectly fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm having the exact same problem as you whenever I try to watch anything that uses flash with the same graphics card and similar setup. I've tried updating all the drivers but its not working, and the problem is the same between chrome firefox and internet explorer. If i manage to find out whats wrong and get it fixed I'll let you know ASAP

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI