This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

cannot burn CD's

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, For the past few days I have been unable to burn cd-r/w CDs. I have first tried XP's default burnerand I would get a message stating the writing CD wizard is unable to complete. I then tried CDBurner Pro 3, and have received several different errors, most of them however stating something about unable to finish the closing process. I searched around on Google and topic mentioning about the ole32.DLL could be currupted. Sure enough, when following the steps to registering this DLL file with regsrv32, I got an error stating that the load library was unable to find the module : ole32.DLL. So I am wondering if this could be the case and how I could fix it. My specs: Windows XP Home Edition Sony OEM cd-rw burner 512 DDR RAM
ole32.dll is here on my XP system:

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32

07/16/2010 08:05 AM 1,288,192 ole32.dll

If you don't see it there, try copying it from C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI