I do not know if this is the right forum for this. Please direct me to the right one if it is not.
I just went to a Linux users group and they installed Fedora for me. I have had problems with XP since Jan. They were going to make one a slave and the other a master but decided not to since I get the message "BIOS not installed" at startup but this has been going on for over a year and well before the XP trouble. They seemed pretty cabable but could not find the BIOS trouble. How can I get the BIOS installed? It is not the battery.
Thanks
GB
Higbsk,
Its difficult to understand what is going on here….
Can you explain a little more on the exact problem you have and how your computer is reacting…Thanks
From your post I understand that:
1 You have been having problems(unspecified) with your Windows XP installation for the last 5 months or so (since January 2011
2 You have recently installed Linux Fedora and this is working OK?
3 The phrase "slave and master" does not seem to be appropriate here….are you sure they (your Linux group) actually used these words?
4 Could it be that they might have mentioned "dual booting" using a boot loader to allow either Windows XP or Fedora to start ?
5 If Fedora was loaded without dual boot being put in place it could be that your complete Windows XP has been removed.
6 The Message about the BIOS not being found usually means an incorrect setting in your BIOS that has allowed a RAID controller to be enabled.
Post back with as much detail as possible and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws
Paws
Right now and also when I went to the users group, I had(have) one computer with XPThe guys at the group had another HD that they loaded with Linux. It was already in another computer. They wanted to put the other linux drive on my computer. They used the terms " dual boot" so I could use both XP and Linux. However, because of the BIOS problem, htye said they could not do it at then until the BIOS was settled. They said that one drive would be the master and the other the slave. I forgot which one was which since they could not do it. Right now, I have 2 separate computers. I am just using the XP right now since I could not get the internet connection to work on the Linux setup. I still have to retrieve all the files on the XP first and reinstall XP before I do much more. I still want to do a dual boot on the computer. I hope htis helps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI