This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Upgrading the Bios without a laptop battery

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey fellow technicians, I'm currently in the midst of reformatting my computer and still waiting for it to complete with the generous help of Tallin, IndiGenus, Abydos, and Doug. However, whenever I get done reinstalling all of the necessary drivers, I know I'm inevitably going to have confront how old my version of BIOS is because I can't upgrade it since my laptop doesn't have a battery. Basically, the battery inside of it can't hold a charge anymore, so my laptop just runs from AC power. Is there any way to upgrade my version of BIOS if I don't have a battery? Sincerely, eharri2
Hi eharri2,

My goodness what a day you have had? Here is a googled link with various ideas for you to research.

Others will come by to assist you, but in the meantime try a further google for answers to your issue.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI