Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer 9

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 saxylady

saxylady

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

What does anybody out there think about IE9? Should I upgrade from IE8? Or wait till some more "testing" has been done? Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Hi, your profile is showing that you using Win XP SP3.... IE9 is not available on this OS If you have a later OS then its a question of personal choice. The interface on IE9 is the new one.....some folks call it the "clean" interface, others "minimalistic" some love it ,others hate it.... There will be a bit of a learning curve to find out where the controls are......( they are not in the places that IE8 used)..... if you are happy with that and you have a later OS, then give it a whirl! If you do then let us know how you get on with it. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

I deal with a lot of computers. I made the mistake of allowing IE9 to be installed by my technicians on several computers.

I am still performing the uninstalls. I'd have to say I don't think there was single system that didn't have significant problems because of it.

It won't touch another computer I work on for at least 6 months to a year. I now insist the update is hidden so that it is not allowed to install automatically.

Problems with pages loading, problems with incompatible webpages, problems with adobe reader, problems with the download manager corrupting files, problems with extremely and unusually slow performance.

And, I just recently heard there is an IE10 in the works. :wall:

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • MVP

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

If running Vista or Windows 7, I would definitely install IE9 - go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=133041

It is easily uninstalled via Installed Windows Updates - http://windows.micro...rnet-explorer-9

I find IE9 to be incredibly fast, especially IE9 x64.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
J. C. Griffith

#5 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

I'd have to agree with appleoddity about IE9. I've tried it a few times and it's a dog.

I quickly went back to using Opera which was the first minimalist browser around but the controls are easy to access and there are plenty of them. Opera has always been super-fast, the only browser that has a genuine "fit to width" feature (not page magnification) and never suffers the problems regularly encountered in any of the Internet Explorer flavours.

There is also a 64bit Opera 10 version out now too. See it here.

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

IE9 works fine for me, both 32 and 64 bit on Win 7 Pro X64 system. I don't use it much though as my primary browser is SeaMonkey.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

The IE9 is the latest version of the IEWB (Internet Explorer web browser) from Microsoft. IE9 advantage that:- it support color profiles via Windows Color System, and also improved JavaScript performance. IE9 has supports the HTML5 video and audio tags and the Web Open Font Format.