Hi, your profile is showing that you using Win XP SP3….
IE9 is not available on this OS
If you have a later OS then its a question of personal choice.
The interface on IE9 is the new one…..some folks call it the "clean" interface, others "minimalistic" some love it ,others hate it….
There will be a bit of a learning curve to find out where the controls are……( they are not in the places that IE8 used)….. if you are happy with that and you have a later OS, then give it a whirl!
If you do then let us know how you get on with it.
Regards
paws
I deal with a lot of computers. I made the mistake of allowing IE9 to be installed by my technicians on several computers.
I am still performing the uninstalls. I'd have to say I don't think there was single system that didn't have significant problems because of it.
It won't touch another computer I work on for at least 6 months to a year. I now insist the update is hidden so that it is not allowed to install automatically.
Problems with pages loading, problems with incompatible webpages, problems with adobe reader, problems with the download manager corrupting files, problems with extremely and unusually slow performance.
And, I just recently heard there is an IE10 in the works.
I'd have to agree with appleoddity about IE9. I've tried it a few times and it's a dog.
I quickly went back to using Opera which was the first minimalist browser around but the controls are easy to access and there are plenty of them. Opera has always been super-fast, the only browser that has a genuine "fit to width" feature (not page magnification) and never suffers the problems regularly encountered in any of the Internet Explorer flavours.
There is also a 64bit Opera 10 version out now too. See it here.
The IE9 is the latest version of the IEWB (Internet Explorer web browser) from Microsoft. IE9 advantage that:- it support color profiles via Windows Color System, and also improved JavaScript performance. IE9 has supports the HTML5 video and audio tags and the Web Open Font Format.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI