This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

To Be or Not To Be? IE 7 or IE8

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Title says it all and was just gathering some info of what you guys think, wait and stick it out with IE7 or upgrade to IE8, let the fur fly : :pullhair: :pullhair:
TBH there is no 100% right answer, for those who have ie8 without any problems it works well, and is much better then ie7, it's faster as well when it works OK, BUT, for those who do have issues with ie8 they wish they never touched it, and there are quite a few who do have problems with it, so only you can decide really, if ie7 was a smooth transition for you then one would hope ie8 would follow suit, but there is no guarantee it will, equally there is nothing to say you will have problems either, so I'm afraid try it and see is your only sure way to find out, I'm running ie8 fine here, but I put it on another system the other day and it was crashing left right and centre, so I put Google Chrome on instead, hope that helps a bit.
I've installed it on about 7 or 8 customers machines and so far no problems……..however I have only put it on one of my own……. I am waiting to see how things pan out before altering them all!
The only way to know is to try it. If it works for you then keep it. If not, uninstall it. I can't run it on old HP for some reason, whereas IE7 works well. I use SeaMonkey as my regular browser and IE only when necessary.
Yes I think you are absolutely right….. One of my colleagues has had terrble trouble and has been forced to uninstall…… and things are now Ok…. I find that I have to use all the Microsoft products on my machines, (so I stay current with what the vast majority of my customers have on their machines!) but sometimes its good to experiment a bit Regards paws
So far so good, here in my shop every system that I have to install windows clean went with IE8, so far everything working ok. I supect that its due to have a clean installed copy of windows. As of yet have I upgraded to 8 on this system or upgraded on another system. This may be the reason I have not see a problem yet. Would tick me off to upgrade then have to down grade. But if I do I am going to copy my favorites, due to the fact of so many book marks that I have saved.

So far so good, here in my shop every system that I have to install windows clean went with IE8, so far everything working ok. I supect that its due to have a clean installed copy of windows. As of yet have I upgraded to 8 on this system or upgraded on another system. This may be the reason I have not see a problem yet. Would tick me off to upgrade then have to down grade. But if I do I am going to copy my favorites, due to the fact of so many book marks that I have saved.


Well LOL, I ended up going to IE8 due to the fact that I had to format the hard drive and install a clean copy of windows, some how my printer files got wacked and the system was just acting funny. Could not detect any malware, spyware or virus, supected their was one tho. So I said what the heck format and install clean copy of everything. IE 8 doing ok - Gets back to my other post clean copy of windows must do good, upgrading my cause some problems for some but not all.

Kinda reminds me of the days from 98se upgrading to xp the problems I had, but doing a clean install of xp problems went away. Go figuar

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI