Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

To Be or Not To Be? IE 7 or IE8

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

Title says it all and was just gathering some info of what you guys think, wait and stick it out with IE7 or upgrade to IE8, let the fur fly : :pullhair: :pullhair:

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

TBH there is no 100% right answer, for those who have ie8 without any problems it works well, and is much better then ie7, it's faster as well when it works OK, BUT, for those who do have issues with ie8 they wish they never touched it, and there are quite a few who do have problems with it, so only you can decide really, if ie7 was a smooth transition for you then one would hope ie8 would follow suit, but there is no guarantee it will, equally there is nothing to say you will have problems either, so I'm afraid try it and see is your only sure way to find out, I'm running ie8 fine here, but I put it on another system the other day and it was crashing left right and centre, so I put Google Chrome on instead, hope that helps a bit.

Braindead

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

I've installed it on about 7 or 8 customers machines and so far no problems........however I have only put it on one of my own....... I am waiting to see how things pan out before altering them all!
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

The only way to know is to try it. If it works for you then keep it. If not, uninstall it. I can't run it on old HP for some reason, whereas IE7 works well. I use SeaMonkey as my regular browser and IE only when necessary.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

Yes I think you are absolutely right..... One of my colleagues has had terrble trouble and has been forced to uninstall...... and things are now Ok.... I find that I have to use all the Microsoft products on my machines, (so I stay current with what the vast majority of my customers have on their machines!) but sometimes its good to experiment a bit Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

So far so good, here in my shop every system that I have to install windows clean went with IE8, so far everything working ok. I supect that its due to have a clean installed copy of windows. As of yet have I upgraded to 8 on this system or upgraded on another system. This may be the reason I have not see a problem yet. Would tick me off to upgrade then have to down grade. But if I do I am going to copy my favorites, due to the fact of so many book marks that I have saved.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#7 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

So far so good, here in my shop every system that I have to install windows clean went with IE8, so far everything working ok. I supect that its due to have a clean installed copy of windows. As of yet have I upgraded to 8 on this system or upgraded on another system. This may be the reason I have not see a problem yet. Would tick me off to upgrade then have to down grade. But if I do I am going to copy my favorites, due to the fact of so many book marks that I have saved.

Well LOL, I ended up going to IE8 due to the fact that I had to format the hard drive and install a clean copy of windows, some how my printer files got wacked and the system was just acting funny. Could not detect any malware, spyware or virus, supected their was one tho. So I said what the heck format and install clean copy of everything. IE 8 doing ok - Gets back to my other post clean copy of windows must do good, upgrading my cause some problems for some but not all.

Kinda reminds me of the days from 98se upgrading to xp the problems I had, but doing a clean install of xp problems went away. Go figuar