This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Video Capture Program?

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, Does anyone know a good video capture program? At the moment I use Debut, but sometimes the video can be a bit choppy. My laptop should be able to easily handle video capture software (due to it's high specs) it shouldn't be choppy. Anybody have any recommendations?

Hey,

Does anyone know a good video capture program?

At the moment I use Debut, but sometimes the video can be a bit choppy. My laptop should be able to easily handle video capture software (due to it's high specs) it shouldn't be choppy.

Anybody have any recommendations?



I use Debut but never has any issue with it, might be your system may need cleaning up or some other program eating up your resource causing the video to be choppy. But I don't know which other that used less resource, try a google search and see.

Jimbo1
what's the source of the video your trying to capture? week/bad signal causes choppy video capture, more so than the program you use to capture it i'd say. :popcorn: what are your full system specs, especially the hard drive and how full is it, has it been defragged recently.
Hey, Thanks for all your replies. My system is a brand new install, not much programs on it and when I use Debut, there are no other programs open. @Ztruker - I'll take a look at that and see if there is any difference. @terry1966 - I use an EzCap USB Video Grabber to capture gameplay from my PlayStation 3 (Well, my brother does) Is there any specific settings in Debut that I could use to keep the good quality video and that will improve my video capture?
Hey mate, If you want a top-notch PC Game video capture software then FRAPS is the best out there. For other application though, I am not too sure. -Daniel

Hey mate,

If you want a top-notch PC Game video capture software then FRAPS is the best out there.

For other application though, I am not too sure.

-Daniel


Thanks Dan,

Is that just for capuring PC Games?

My brother mainly uses the EzCap Capture Card to capture gameplay from the PS3.

Hey mate,

If you want a top-notch PC Game video capture software then FRAPS is the best out there.

For other application though, I am not too sure.

-Daniel


Thanks Dan,

Is that just for capuring PC Games?

My brother mainly uses the EzCap Capture Card to capture gameplay from the PS3.

Hey Gary,

It does exactly that.

Once you install it (you will need the full version i.e. paid) and start the program (i.e. click in the start menu), it detects when you are in a game (both Full Screen and Windowed) and allows you to record the gameplay at a touch of a key (which you can assign).

Other useful parts of it is the in-built screenshot ability (for easiness i.e. a press of a button) and the ability to enable a small but clear FPS indication (which shows how many frames you are getting for that game - above 30 is good enough for gaming).

However, if you can't afford the pro version of FRAPS, then I would recommend using the video recorder in xfire (I can tell you about that if you wish :P )

I hope this helps you mate,
-Daniel

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI