This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help: My fan is not working!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

"Your computer has shutdown to avoid overheation." That's the message I get, every time I startup. I ran Everest, and here are my heat results: Temperatures: CPU 65 °C (149 °F) WDC WD1600BEKT-60A25T1 36 °C (97 °F) Yea. Definatly a fan problem. Also, I can hardly hear the fan, and when I put it on my lap it's BURNING. I have a Compaq Presario CQ62. I'm not ready to take it apart, because it's only 7 or 8 months old. Could somebody please help? Thank you. ~Meepdanny101

because it's only 7 or 8 months old. Could somebody please help?

It should still be under warranty. Call HP/Compaq tech support.

And note in spite of their names, you should never run a laptop on your lap or the carpet, bed, or any where else that air cannot circulate underneath. Us a board or notebook cooler.

While 65°C is pretty warm, it is not "hot". But running Everest is not very demanding too, so it is likely it gets hotter than that when tasked. About the only you can do as a consumer while this is still under warranty is to ensure all the vents, cracks, cavities, bays and compartments are free of dust.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI