This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

thank you for your help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This had happened very frequently recently. The model is HP Presario 2500 and I bought it about 1.5 ago. It worked pretty good for the whole period, I always felt very happy with it, but now I noteced that one of the fans starts more often than it was before. I was completely lost, :pullhair: I don't know what the peoblem is, so please would you advise me what I need to do. I do defragmentation regularly, have dowloaded all recommended antyspyware, have sophos installed, the 40 GB HDD still has 15 gb free. What happened with fan, thank you for your guys help..
First thing to do is clean it out. I suggest a very powerful vacuum cleaner with a hose. Suck all of the dust, dirt, lint, etc out of the opening where that fan is. If it keeps doing that, try cleaning it out by opening it up. CAREFUL though. They are put together in layers, and lots of screws. Otherwise, take it to a service center and let them clean it and check the heat produced to see why the fan is coming on more often. Most likely dirt is causing the problem. The vents DO build up lint, and you'd be surprised how thick that lint can get after it starts to accumulate.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI