This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win 7 homegroup file sharing

54 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

glad you got it working peter. :thumbup:

replied to your pm before i saw your posts here, so you can ignore it.

just to clarify something tho….

I also think I understand your workarounds. I will keep trying to figure out how I can save the modified folder where it is supposed to be within the group not just in documents.


the folders are actually only in the My Documents folders on either the laptop or desktop,
it's the file permissions that allow you to use/see stuff from other machines in your homegroup.

do not think of homegroup as actually being a place/folder on either pc or laptop,
think of it more as a doorway that when you go through it, you physically move from the laptop to the desktop(vise versa),even tho you don't.
you can now use/edit anything in the My Documents folder that you have set permissions for on the other machine from the one your using as if you were physically in front of it.

:popcorn:
I understand about Word and homegroups. You have been a great help and thank you. I'll be starting a new thread about the bsod if you are interested. Thank you Peter

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI