Hello
If I have created a simple single partition image of my hard drive, can I simply go to Computer and right click to the option that says 'recover' in order to perform a system recovery?
Thank you
did you figure out how to re-install the image peter??
thought i'd give this a bump by adding my thoughts and seeing if someone who uses acronis would notice,
i've never used acronis but i'd think you'd have to boot the acronis cd then tell it where to find the image file and also what partition to install it to, before it did it's thing and put the image back.
but as always i might be totally wrong and yes you could re-install the image just by right clicking on it and clicking recover.
Hi Terri
I have recovered 2 times in about 10 tries because I did not properly respond to some questions or choices during the recovery process.
I once asked, "Can I use the Windows Acronis program or do I need the disc?"
I was told I could do either and if I could not use the program or the pc would not start, I would then use the disc.
Image recovery is the one area I really need to know as it is so important.
It should be easy as I have only one partition.
I think I finally have backed up properly in that I selected the top box which entails all on my pc. I want to recover the recovery tool Dell has to offer called Datasafe. I include Fat 32 altho I was told I do not have to do this. My logic is that if I backup the entire disk then I can just recover the entire disc. This would eliminate choices regarding partitions etc. The time factor was negligible.
Thank you for bringing the topic up as it may add a bit more to my understanding of the process.
Actually, I also used Win 7 Backup and recovery and once out of 2 tries it did the job.
Chat soon.
Peter
yes it's a good idea to have a backup image of all your hard drive, especially nowadays when microsoft won't issue an os disc with the new pc, it's all now on a hidden partition instead along with any programs that might be installed separately by the manufacturer.
no idea exactly what's included in the backup discs the os makes because i've never made/used any, restoring an image is a lot faster anyway.
yes it's a good idea to have a backup image of all your hard drive, especially nowadays when microsoft won't issue an os disc with the new pc, it's all now on a hidden partition instead along with any programs that might be installed separately by the manufacturer.
no idea exactly what's included in the backup discs the os makes because i've never made/used any, restoring an image is a lot faster anyway.
>>I know I'll get the knack of imaging but I better hurry
Hi Peter,
I've only just seen these later posts…sorry!
If you are still having difficulty with the Acronis and the restore procedure then I'm happy to install this version on my test machine, work it through and then provide you with a detailed "step by step" procedure guide that should eliminate most of the problems.
If this would be helpful or necessary for you please let me know (but do allow me a day or two to set things up and create the procedure guide)
Regards
paws
Hi Peter,
I've only just seen these later posts…sorry!
If you are still having difficulty with the Acronis and the restore procedure then I'm happy to install this version on my test machine, work it through and then provide you with a detailed "step by step" procedure guide that should eliminate most of the problems.
If this would be helpful or necessary for you please let me know (but do allow me a day or two to set things up and create the procedure guide)
Regards
paws
My, what a generous offer. I would be happy the receive any instruction I can and you would most likely be instructing the many vistors to this forum also. There is absolutely no hurry as I will be gone or 5 days, soon, and am also getting a new machine.
I am sure we can play tag to initiate this and once again, thank you for the offer. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Peter,
I've only just seen these later posts…sorry!
If you are still having difficulty with the Acronis and the restore procedure then I'm happy to install this version on my test machine, work it through and then provide you with a detailed "step by step" procedure guide that should eliminate most of the problems.
If this would be helpful or necessary for you please let me know (but do allow me a day or two to set things up and create the procedure guide)
Regards
paws
Hello Paws - I just started a backup with Acronis TI Home 2010.
I backup as a 'full' image and there is a little box under full.
It says it will overwrite the existing image and by default there is a check mark in it. I keep it that way but do not understand as I am trying each week to create a full independent backup if that is advisable. I want to keep it as ez as posible.
Should that defaulted check in the box be that way or not?
Thank you
Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI