This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Acronis 2010

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I lost two files from Documents. I opened Acronis and searched for them. When I found them I right clicked and selected "recover." I went to Documents and they were there - to my surprise as I never did this file recovery. I also copy and pasted to desktop before I looked at Document and they were on desktop. Could you comment on the better of the two ways and esppecially how what I did affected the back up for future recoveries o files or even system.. I have the system backed up. Thank you
Hi Peter Well done! Doesn't it show the advantage of having made a good disc image…. Either method works, so its your choice, I favour your first method (Right click and select recover….) but its a personal choice There will be no effects on your ability to do this again in the future should it be necessary….. its one of the advantages! :thumbup: Regards paws

Hi Peter
Well done!
Doesn't it show the advantage of having made a good disc image….

Either method works, so its your choice, I favour your first method (Right click and select recover….) but its a personal choice

There will be no effects on your ability to do this again in the future should it be necessary….. its one of the advantages!
:thumbup:
Regards
paws



>>The files were lengthy and important too.
At the risk of sounding redundant, even though I have recovered the files, I could still use the same backup to recover my system if necessary?
Thank you

Hi Peter
Well done!
Doesn't it show the advantage of having made a good disc image….

Either method works, so its your choice, I favour your first method (Right click and select recover….) but its a personal choice

There will be no effects on your ability to do this again in the future should it be necessary….. its one of the advantages!
:thumbup:
Regards
paws



>>The files were lengthy and important too.
At the risk of sounding redundant, even though I have recovered the files, I could still use the same backup to recover my system if necessary?
Thank you



Well Done, Peter!

Yes you will be able to use the same backup to fully recover your system if necessary (complete with the same files that you've already recovered)
No worries, it's all still there.

Doug
Thank you all for the support. I think I may have lost them while practicing with home group file sharing. I was not using important files but may have made an error which involved the important files. I'll be very careful and work in an isolated area. I have been well served by Acronis with system recovery but never file recovery and, yes, it was a relief. Now I can smile, for awhile.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI