Go back to your download folder and right click the zipped file. This time instead of open… click on extract. This should make an unzippe folder with the same name. Once unzipped, open the folder (not the zipped file) and look for Setup.exe. Double click on it and I believe it will take you through the driver installation process.
Instructions:
1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop / move your pointer down to 'new' / left-click on 'folder' / press 'delete' or the 'backspace' button on your keyboard / type 'Realtek'/ left-click on an empty space. Ok, you have just created a new folder called 'realtek'.
2. Go to the Zipped folder you downloaded, right-click on it and select 'copy'. Now go to the new folder on you desktop and right-click on it. Select 'paste'. OK, you now have the realtek file in a folder on your desktop.
3. Double-click that folder and in the window that opens double click the folder in there. A window will now open with a lot of files in it. Near the bottom, you will see a file named Setup ……………..application…………..59 KB. [attachment removed]
4. Double click that file to start the realtek install.
Altogether now.
Hold hands.
Ready?
k…
Go!
Triple T, I tried your way, and all manner of different things occurred…..still no sign of the word "INSTALL"
Imma turn in for the night, as I can not put two thoughts together in the same brain right now.
Will try Lee's method tomorrow.
PRAISE THE GUORD AND SHAKE YOUR TAIL FEATHERS!!!!!!!
I has full on two sound all over the place - skype, gmail callphone…computer to computer - computer to cell, computer to land line!!!!
Now I can catch up with all of mah frens and fambly, who are even more Luddite than I!! (some are still using the two tin cans with string - I am NOT kidding)
Sooooooooooo appreciative and grateful to you folks. Specially, TreasureTech Tom!
Alrighty - now there is still the little issue of mah printer, but I will give everyone a rest for a week or so, so that we can all recover from this bru-haha. Then I will return to start a new and exciting thread about printers!
P.S. Now what ya'll gonna do for entertainment? Heh.
Congrats Baruga.
Well done!
With all that you know now… you're probably going to want to hang around here more often… pick up a few pointer… and fix all of your friends problems.