This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Screen/Keyboard Freezing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have Windows XP SP2 running on AMD Athlon 2600 with 1GB Ram. My screen and keyboard/mouse freeze randomly. I have not noticed any pattern to the freezing i.e it does not seem to be associated with any program that I run or the duration the computer has been running. When the screen freezes i'm left with a frozen display i.e it is no blank but the mouse and keyboard do not respond. So far I have tried the following: a) spyware/adware removal - I run spybot and adaware 6 regularly. B) I regularly update AVG and ZA. My computer doesn't seem to have any virus/trojan. c) I cleaned the computer on the inside as someone suggested it might be due to overheating of motherboard. d) I do not notice anything suspicious in the event viewer (except a missing adildir.sys warning). Is there a way to check if something is wrong with the processor? Any other ideas to resolve this will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Download HiJack This here and scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log then copy and paste it into a new thread in the "Hijack This logs and problems" forum..

Cleaning out the inside of the computer..? just out of curiosity.. who told you that.
Hi I just cleaned the dust on the fans and the motherboard. Hijack This log has been posted in the HJT forum. thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI