Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

where is store folder for wlm

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

Can anyone tell me where to find the store folder for WLM. In OE express it could be found using the menu bar but I don't see any choice in wlm. I want to use MiTec Mailview for storage folders but can't find the store folder. I tried opening application data to look but was told I did not have permission to access this. I checked the security tab and all accounts have full access, nothing is denied. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

In Windows 7, several of the folders you are used to looking in are not really folders, just junction points. All that was moved under the Users directory tree.

Look in Tools->Options->Advanced [tab]->Maintenance...->Store Folder to see it's location.

Click start and enter %appdata% and that should give you the directory tree it's stored under. If not, try %userdata%.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. I take it the commands you've given are on the menu bar, File, Edit etc? If so, I don't have that in my wlm. Can you tell me how to put it there? This is probably why I couldn't find the store location. Thanks for the help. hedley

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hi Hedley, just try pressing the Alt key and the menu will be revealed. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

Hi paws, Pressing the Alt key brings up various numbers and letters, but on clicking any of them, nothing happens, in fact, they all disappear. I have Home, Folders, View and Accounts at the top of the screen, but they just change the options to do things in wlm. Still looking in users for the store location. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Look on the WLM toolbar, upper right and adjacent(left) to the '?" is a small square icon with a down arrow.
Click on the down arrow and select 'Show menu bar'

The menu will remain on until your toggle it off with Alt T or select 'Hide menu bar'

Found here: No "File" menu available in Windows Live Mail; not even a command taskbar

Rich

#7 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hi Ztrucker I don't have the square box there, just the help question mark. On doing a Google search, seems others are in the same boat and haven't found a solution yet. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

What happens if you press Alt+T?

Rich

#9 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. That brings up a search box within the inbox. hedley