This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Missing Calculator in Windows 7

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! Thank you for the reply. Is there any other way where can I restore my deleted calc.exe? I don't have any other computer, my CD Drive is not working properly and I can't find the Add/Remove programs on windows 7.
Press Winkey+r to open the Run dialog.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter or click GO.

System File Checker (sfc) will restore any missing or damaged files.

If for some reason that doesn't work, install Shadow Explorer. That will give you access to files backed up via Volume Shadow Copy Service. Browse to calc.exe (in Windows\system32) then copy it back to C:\Windows\system32.
I used the Shadow Explorer. I can't use sfc /scannow method. Maybe Shadow Explorer will be useful to me someday if I deleted some of important files. Thanks for the help again :)

I'm having the same issue and also wasn't able to use sfc/scannow. I downloaded Shadow Explorer but am having trouble using the application. Haven't been able to locate calc.exe using it. I'm in C:/Windows/System32 and don't see it and there's no search function. I'm probably looking in the wrong place, so can you give me a pathway to the shadow file for the calculator?

 

Thanks.

 

P.S. I'm a rookie.

Hi milkcrates and welcome to the WTT forums

 

:welcome: 

 

if you are using sfc /scannow

then its important to note that there is a space twixt the "c" and the "/"

 

you must run this command from a command prompt with elevated privileges……. here's how to do that:

 

1 Click on start orb

2 type in the search box immediately above the Start orb

cmd

do NOT press enter

a box will open and towards the top you will see

cmd.exe

Right click (it must be a RIGHT click on cmd.exe and then

click on "Run as Admin"

at the black box type in the command:

sfc /scannow

(note the space)

press the Enter key

the scan will usually take around half an hour or so

post back and let us know how you get on.

Regards

paws

Are you using the portable version: ShadowExplorerPortable.exe

 

calc.exe is in C:\Windows\System32 via ShadowExplorer.

 

Here is a zipped copy from my system in case you need it:  📎calc.zip

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI