I deleted the windows games and calculator by accident while performing a cleanup. Is there a way to restore these? I lost my copy of the windows xp CD and am unable to find a solution on the internet. I appreciate any help.
You will probably be able to accomplish the addition of games and calculator as per recommendation of effendi-1 if you are able to "borrow" a friends XP installation CD (of the same type that you have running, e.g. Home/Pro)
No "Product ID" or registration/activation would be required for this small and simple modification, so you should be good to go if a friend will loan you a similar CD.
Hi,
The best and easiest way is to follow Dough's and effendi-1's excellent advice, borrow the CD and reinstall the missing elements. The whole thing won't take longer than a minute or two.
If you really want to do it the hard long and difficult way then you could try looking for the individual component parts in your C:\windows\system32\dllcache folder. For example you may find your calculator here (look for calc.exe) and for solitaire (look for sol.exe) failing which you could visit a chum who has a computer running Windows XP and copy over the executables into your Windows system 32 folder.
Regards
paws
PS I like your avatar!